A full program of 6 to 8 weeks has been designed to work as an after school activity, fitting into your term times.
Each weekly session lasts 90 minutes; a full training program will be provided.
The program can be adjusted to each individual school if required. Each program is designed for a maximum of 20 students.
Green space at schools can sometimes be an issue. I have spent many years in designing a program that can be delivered in a much smaller space than might be thought possible.
I will design and provide a fire circle at your school that will be central to my instruction, this can either be a semi permanent structure in the form of logs as seats with a central wooden fire pit, or a temporary pop up feature with stools as seats and portable fire pit that will be erected each week.
If your chosen area is remote from the main school buildings, communications will be maintained by either a current school system or by 2-way radio system provided by myself.
The program includes a range of Bushcraft fundamentals including making and using tools, safely starting fires, flora and fauna identification, and game preparation.
Bushcraft does not recognise natures boundaries, whether it be Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter, Bushcraft is practiced 365 days of the year. Bushcraft and the skills learnt work hand in hand and can easily cross over with current Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
Safety & Security
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School is established within the East Anglian Educational System providing KS3 students with either an Enrichment Activity or an extremely popular after school club.
- Chris holds an Enhanced DBS certificate.
- Chris is fully certified in Forest School First Aid.
- Full risk assessments are provided for all sessions.
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School has full Liability insurance up to £5,000,000.
Our Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School Bushcraft and you and cannot be changed, unless in writing by WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School is not able to reserve course places without payment in full.
- All available course places are booked on a first come first served basis.
- We cannot be held responsible for the delivery or clearing of funds, either in full or part.
- We reserve the right to change, alter or adapt our accepted payment methods.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking without giving a reason.
Changing your Booking
- You can make changes to your booking providing any changes are made more than 8 weeks before the date of your training.
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft will apply the tariff price that was in place at the time of your original booking to your revised one.
- There will be an administrative charge of 10% of the training cost for this service.
- If you make changes less than 8 weeks before the date of your training, WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School will treat it as a cancellation.
Cancellation by You
Please telephone immediately if you have to cancel your training. On the same day you should send us a written explanation and proof of the reason for your cancellation.
- If you cancel more than 8 weeks before the date of your training, 50% of the booking fee will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 8 weeks before the date of your training, WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School will only refund the balance, less an administration fee of 10%, for the following reasons:
- Accident or illness to you or any member of the party included on your booking – on production of confirmation from a GP/consultant,
- Death or disablement of you or any member of your party or a close relative – on production of a copy of the death certificate or GP/consultant’s letter,
- Jury or witness services in a Court of Law – on production of call-up notification,
- Redundancy – on production of employer’s notice.
- If none of the above reasons apply, all monies will be automatically lost.
- If WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School does not receive the relevant copy documents prior to your training start date regarding one of the above reasons, no refund will be made.
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School strongly recommend that you take out an appropriate insurance policy.
- Refunds are made by cheque.
Cancellation by WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School
Whilst we will make every effort to honour our courses as scheduled, there may be exceptional circumstances (e.g. Instructor illness, extreme weather) when we are forced to cancel a booking. In these circumstances, an alternative date will be offered; if an alternative is not available, a full refund will be offered.
Insurance & Liability
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School has £5,000,000 of Public Liability Insurance with a reputable insurer.
- The Bushcraft activities we offer are carried out in all weather conditions often with tools thatare sharp and pose a risk. You acknowledge that these activities and environments are never completely risk free. Whilst WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School makes every effort to minimise risks, we will not be held liable for accidents, mishaps or losses that are not a result of negligence on the part of WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School or for any accidents or losses which are due to you or your students failure to follow our instructions.
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage to your personal belongings, clothing, money or vehicle unless due to our negligence.
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School recommends that you consider taking out your own personal insurance if you require it.
- WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School will not be responsible for any accidents or mishaps occurring to third parties taught by you.
- If you have a complaint, you should approach us first; this will allow for a speedy remedy of the complaint.
- If you feel you have a complaint after the end of the activity you must put it in writing within 14 days of the activity ending.
- We will not be liable for any complaints received after 14 days of the activity ending.
- Any complaints received will be dealt with on an individual basis.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive at the designated meeting point in a timely manner in order to be able to facilitate the activity.
- We expect you to behave in such a way as to not jeopardise the enjoyment or the safety of others.
- You must not use foul or abusive language.
- You must not make statements of a racist, sexist, homophobic or defamatory nature.
- No aggressive behaviour.
- No alcohol or illegal drugs are permitted during our activities.
- You may not bring any pets/mascots to any of our activities.
- You are responsible for ensuring your students are dressed in adequate clothing associated to the activity.
- You must comply with all reasonable instructions and directions from us.
- No cutting tools can be used until we are satisfied that you have been fully instructed in their safe use.
- No fires are to be lit without our express consent.
- Fires must not be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for any equipment issued to your students during the activity, and will be liable for loss or breakage due to misuse.
Failure to comply with the above is likely to result in student being removed from the activity, without refund. WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School will not be liable for any subsequent losses.
- You agree that we can use any photographs or videos taken whilst under instruction with WoodlandCPS Bushcraft School in any way we deem appropriate.
- You must inform us in writing prior to the start of the activity if you have any students who can’t be photographed or videoed.
- If you participate in photographs or videos you will automatically forfeit the right to have your image withheld.